Saturday, November 28, 2009

Let's Go Fly a Kite...

A while back... (like months ago) Blake went
to his friends birthday party and got a KITE!
He asks almost DAILY if we can go outside and
fly his kite, but there really hasn't been a lot
of wind... and the fact that I wasn't sure if I even
knew how to fly a kite?! I'd always tell him
"maybe when dad gets home!"
Well today has been SO windy so when
Blake asked if we could go fly his kite I
swallowed my pride and went out to our
front yard to TRY and fly it!!
After running up and down the street I got the
hang of it!! I even got good enough to
fly the kite AND take this picture!! ;)
Then handed it over to Blake!
He thought it was SO cool, but lost
interest REAL fast...
... and passed it onto Kenzie...
who landed it in our neighbors tree!
I think I had more fun than the kids and
soon realized that they had both gone
inside and left me flying the kite
by myself just in time for my
neighbors to drive by!!
I guess there is nothing wrong with a
27 year old women out flying a
kite on a windy day! ;)

6 comments:

Kyle said...

HILARIOUS!!!

Stock Family said...

LOL!! My kids did that to me too! Hey, it was fun, huh?!

Sylvia Burr said...

I don't think its strange to see a 27 year old flying a kite. I would do the same.

Ashley said...

nothing wrong at all if you ask me.

Debbie said...

Who takes your cute pics? The one at the heading of your blog is darling!

Mormann Family said...

Ok that is pretty cute. I probably would have drove by and laughed really hard if I I saw you flying the kite by yourself. :)