I LOVE this time of year... the weather getting cooler,
all the fun holiday activities with family and friends, and
especially GILBERT DAYS!!
My family has been going to the Gilbert Days Parade
EVER since I can remember and I look forward to it
every year! Ryan had to go to the Stake Baptisms so he
wasn't able to come with us... but the kids and I enjoyed it!
~
Kenzie and I getting ready for the parade to start!!
Gilbert Days is a cowboy type parade with lots
of horses, so tradition is every year my mom
wears her one and only pair of
wranglers and red cowgirl boots!
This year Sarah and Lyvi decided to
join in on the tradition! :)
A lady was passing out these bags and gave the kids all
one... so Blake and Brooke decided to use
theirs to hold their candy in it!
Blake thought these were the coolest horses
he'd ever seen!!
(Of course not cooler than Snoopy!) ;)
After the parade we went to my parents
house for lunch and pony rides!!
Blake was SO excited to ride Snoopy... Kenzie
took a lot of convincing but she did it!
Kicking and screaming she finally rode Snoopy...
and of course I didn't take a picture of it!!
So we will have to try it again! :)
Then, for us over the 100lb weight limit my dad
hooked Snoopy up to her cart!
It was such a fun morning and afternoon
with family... we are just sad that Ryan
had to miss out in the
Gilbert Days Festivities!!
There's always next year!! ;)
3 comments:
Dang, I am sad we missed it!!!! Next year! Looks super fun!
I'm so jealous of all the fun family activities you guys do! And I miss Gilbert Days. What a gloriously long parade it is.
Kenzie, I just know next year you will love riding Snoopy. Such a fun day!
Post a Comment