Monday, October 6, 2008

Family Fun Weekend

We had such a fun weekend with the
Las Vegas Alexander group in town!
Of course their first stop is ALWAYS our 
favorite Gecko Grill! Since Blake's birthday
is coming Grandma and Grandpa 
Alexander gave him his gift early!
It was A HIT!!
A Storm Trooper Helmet that talks and
a Storm Trooper dart gun!
(I'm not sure who likes it more, 
Blake or Ryan?!?)
(Yes, this is Ryan with the helmet on
in the restaurant!!)
Here is Blake trying out his new gun!
(I think Ryan STILL was playing with the helmet!)
Don't worry though, once we got home Blake got 
a turn to play with HIS helmet!! :)
That evening while all the guys went to the 
Priesthood session, all the girls went 
to a Steve Madden shoe sale!
I was able to find two pairs...
 they are the SAME shoe, but different
color! I guess that means I REALLY
liked them! :)
We then took all the kids to Freestone
Park to play... but it didn't last too
long and there were tons of mosquito's!
McKenzie just loved to be outside and 
running around!
She tried climbing up the slide but that didn't 
work too well!
Blake LOVES playing with his cousins!
Here he is with Alyssa being silly and going
down the slide!
Before picking up the guys we decided to stop by
Target, for slurpees and more shopping!

After getting the guys we decided to go to another
Alexander Favorite...
MR.B's!
Its a small sports bar with REALLY good wings!
We looked TOTALLY out of place with 8 kids, 5 women,
and 5 men ALL dressed up at a bar!
Yeah, we got a FEW looks! :)
McKenzie LOVED the ranch dressing!
Blake and his cousin Hunter had fun playing on the 
"OH SO CLEAN" bar floor!! (whatever makes them 
happy... right?!?)

We had Ryan's little sister Brittany and her husband Ryan
stay at our house. So on Sunday we woke up and had 
birthday breakfast for Ryan, watched conference and didn't
get ready for  the day  till about 3:00!
We then went to Sean and Jen's house for birthday
dinner!
Ryan's request was Beef Stroganoff (good thing his mom
was in town to make it because I can't make it like she
does!) ;) 
 and German Chocolate Cake... made be ME
(with the help of Betty Crocker!!)

Of course its NOT a birthday without candles...
so he blew out nine candles (I didn't have enough) and 
good thing it was ONLY nine because it took him
forever to blow them out!!!
1/2 way he took a little break...
ok, so now that the candles are all blown out...
it was time for cake!
and of course the tradition to say one thing you like
about Ryan... family favorite!
oh, and the kids all got cupcakes, so here is Blake and 
Brooklyn enjoying their cupcakes!
After dinner Blake enjoyed his snack on wheels
Thanks Alexis!!
We had such a fun weekend with all the 
Alexanders, they turned Ryan's boring
birthday plans of Sunday football and X Box
playing into a lot of family fun!! :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Okay, I thought the storm trooper hat WAS Ryan's...am I'm wrong? We had fun this weekend too! Hanging out with all of us definitely beats playing XBox!

{jennifer} said...

Fun times, fun times! We had a fun busy weekend with everyone for sure! So I think I was being Cinderella during the "I like Ryan because game..." (it was a little crazy:) and I am sure I offended him so here you go Ryan. Drum roll please... I like Ryan because he is so gosh darn funny and as an added bonus he is a GREAT high school reunion planner:)

Kyle said...

Fun weekend! How are you feeling today...are you guys still sick over there?
I TOTALLY thought of you when we were making doughnuts because I know you love them...they were so yummy and easy. I will for sure make you some....for a late Bday gift!