Tuesday, April 28, 2009

California Weekend!

This past weekend we drove over to California
with some friends of ours.
Ryan participated in the Ragnar Relay L.A. with
11 other friends from our ward.
So I decided to come along with the kids and make a 
vacation out of it!
We drove over Wed. night and Thursday we
took the kids to Disneyland with our
friends the Galovich's!
~
We first went on one of Blake's favorite rides,
Buzz Lightyear!
McKenzie didn't like as much as Blake!
Blake always seems to do really well with his 
score... he ALMOST beat my score this trip!
We then headed over to Fantasy Land!
Kenzie had a lot of "firsts" at this trip...
Her first time on Dumbo,
her first time on the Tea Cups...
and she was tall enough for the Matterhorn!
(That was NOT one of her favorite rides!)
They re-did Small World...
and I LOVED it! They added different Disney
characters to the ride, and they made it longer!
(yep LONGER!)
~
McKenzie was a little worried to go on the 
ride after going on Pirates!
Blake LOVED this ride and had fun
pointing out all the Disney characters!
He also learned the song real quick and is still
singing Small World!
Next the kids were So excited to ride the tea cups
(right after eating corn dogs!)
So Jeremy was nice enough to take all the
kids in one Tea Cup 
(the SPINNING Tea Cup!)
While Ryan, Kenzie, and Jeremy's
brother took it easy in the 
"non"- spinning tea cup!
They let Kenzie do all the spinning
After the guys took the older kids on Splash Mountain,
Britany and I got a Fast Pass for Indiana Jones!
Then while the guys went on Space Mountain
we took the kids BACK to Small World!
~
Here are all the kids in their new COOL Disney
T-shirts! (aka new pajamas) 
Blake, Maya, Kenzie, Kenyon, and Kai (Maya's cousin)
The guys had to leave early to meet the 
"team" at the airport. 
So Britany and I were brave and
stayed with the kids till after the parade!
~
Normally the parade is always at 
5 o'clock but this one didn't start
till 7:15! So while we waited we
ate dinner and TRIED to 
entertain the kids!
We had bought them these light up 
toys that were definitely a big hit with the kids!
Then, FINALLY the parade started!
They did it a little different this time...
they stop the parade and perform different dances for
about 10-15 min's.
They pull kids out of the audience to come dance with
them and all the characters!
Blake and Maya both got to go and join 
in on the dance!
(even though they didn't pick Kenzie, she decided
to go out and dance anyways!)

~Friday~
The dad's were in Santa Barbara running so 
we decided to stay "busy" with the kids.
Britany introduced me to H&M
(I know, I know I've NEVER been there!)
we drove a GOOD 20 mins to get to the mall
went to H&M and then the kids were DONE!
So we picked up lunch and ate it at some
random park with ducks!

~Saturday~
Britany and I met up with her sister in law and
friend at a really neat park!
While the kids played, us moms sat and 
ate Panera Bread (another place Britany got
me hooked on!)
When then took a little train around the park
They also had pony rides!
Blake decided he wanted to ride one of the BIG
horses! He had so much fun... Kenzie on the other hand
did not want to ride one.
(not even the pony's!)
He was SO excited to ride the black horse
because its just like Sugar!
(Sugar is the name of one of my dad's horses
that is the same color!)
Here are most of the kids minus two!
Blake, Kai, Kenyon, Maya, and Claire!
We then got a call from the dad's saying the race
was almost over so we piled in the car and HOPED 
the babies would take nap!
(here is what we looked like driving around CA!)

~Ragnar Relay~
Here is the team before the race
back row: Billy McGonagill, Travis Williams, Jeremy Galovich,
Wayne Bond, Ryan, Jeff Lee, and Tim Martin
front row: Rebecca McGonagill, Manami Rowley, Kaye Ashby,
Melissa Lee, and Amy Alexander
Here is Ryan's van members!
Ryan running one of his legs down the 
Pacific Coast Highway!
I can't get over the beautiful view they had
while running! So pretty!

We then met up with them at the finish line!
The race is 150+ miles and everyone runs 
their share of miles.
Ryan ended up running 12.5 miles!
The race started in Santa Barbara and ended
in Dana Pointe! They ran all along the Pacific 
Coast Highway! 
Their team finished 55th out of 108 teams!
Ryan and our sister- in -law Amy
both ran in it!
The finish line was in the parking lot of 
Salt Creek Beach so after the race we walked with
the kids down to the beach to play!
Of course we didn't plan on going to the beach so the kids 
didn't have their swim suits!
That didn't stop them from getting in the water! 
After the race the Galovich's and us went out
to eat with four wet kids!
Blake's shorts were SO wet he wore his
boxer briefs and a sweat shirt! ;)
~
Sunday morning the guys were too tired to 
wake up so Britany and I went shopping
at Orange County Swap Meet! 
We woke up at 6:30 and got there right
when they opened. (literally)
We had a few "scary" expeirences 
but all in all we had a nice break
from the kids after a long two days
of being a "single" mom!
We had such a fun weekend in Califorina
and I'm already to go back and spend more
time at the beach (with swimsuits)
this time! :)

9 comments:

{jennifer} said...

Ha- ha I love Ryan and the other guy in the PURPLE teacup with Kenzie - what a cute couple! Looks like you had a busy weekend - Glad you had tons of fun. I'll have to call for the scary experiences... sounds like an adventure!

The Danielson said...

cute pictures! I'm jealous you guys looked like you had so much FUN! LUCKYYY!!!!!! Love the shirts but dont worry about passing Kenzie shirt down for Lyvi.j/k

Amy said...

Looks like you guys had fun at Disneyland...and while you were a single mom:) Are you ready to do Vegas? I have some more pictures of Ryan...I'll email them to you. Ryan was so funny on the trip and kept us all entertained!

dan and ashley said...

how fun! especially running along PCH?!

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

Such cute pics, Disney is so fun with the kids. Way to go Ryan that is awesome!

Midori said...

Hi Courtney,
It was nice meeting you. What a great run down of the weekend. It's nice to vacation, isn't it? But we much rather have the dads around! Hope to see you again.

Midori

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

looks like you guys had a ton of fun! H&M is the BEST..I love to call Brit when im out of town and rub it in to her when im there :) I thought she would do the same to me (I guess she is more nice)

Britany said...

Can I just post a link to your blog for my California post?! You covered everything! Such a fun trip! We need to plan another one in the Fall!!!

The Ayers Family said...

First of all, I'm still in shock that you were an H&M virgin! And secondly: I had to stare really hard at one of your pictures to make sure Ryan wasn't actually running down the PCH with his shorts down! Is it just me or does anyone else see it!?!?
What a FUN TRIP!