These two goofballs have been best buddies since they were born!
They really didn't have a choice! Their dads have been friends since high school and their moms have been friends since marrying into the friendship! ;) Jen and I were pregnant with our first babies at the same time and were SO happy to find out we were both having boys! A year or so later we were pregnant at the same time again, with GIRLS! So almost every weekend the guys would go on a "date" to the movies while we stayed home and crafted. We made baby books, little girl bracelets, headbands, and scrapbooks while the little boys would play! It worked out GREAT! They then had a third baby (we weren't quite ready ;) and shortly after decided to leave us for Colorado. :( So we look forward to anytime they visit AZ and can't wait to plan a family trip to Colorado! While they were in Az visiting family I brought the kids by to swim and play. After a few (shy) minutes from my kids they were back to playing like the little goofballs they are!
(they get it from their dads! ;)
These cute little girlies were a little young when Addi moved so they didn't really remember eachother. After I explained to Kenzie how much Addi loves the same things she does, she couldn't wait to go play with her new friend Addi! :)
They loved playing mermaids in the swimming pool together, just like long lost besties!
Although after playing for an extra few hours they had a little girl fight over who got the blue DS and who got to play with the pink one. They wouldn't even hug each other goodbye!
{Girl Drama!} ;)
Sadly, a little over a year ago Carter was diagnoised with
a form of Leukemia. He has been through so much within the past year, more than any 6 year old should have to go through. Carter has always kept such a positive outlook on things and always finds the good out of everything! I love seeing these boys back together playing and swimming like little boys should! Even though Carter is still fighting his battle he is still the cute fun-loving boy we have always LOVED! :) I'm so glad Blake has him as an example to look up to!
Crazy Boys!
Here are our two cute baby girls!
Even though they are 18 months apart I just know when they get a little older they are going to be the Best of Friends!! :)
Peyton 18mo and Preslee (almost) 3
I'm so glad to have such good friends! Even though they live so far away, whenever we get together we pick it up right we left off! I can't wait for our next get together in Colorado!! :)
2 comments:
I loved this blog. Carter and all the kids looked so cute. I am glad Kenzie and Blake remember and love these little friends. Thats what life is about.
I thought for sure that this would be a blog all about how much you miss your dear friend Lindsey and how you are planning a trip to visit her in D.C., but alas, I was wrong. I guess I will just have to go cry now.
Post a Comment