Sunday morning we woke up and I was still not feeling
good. Ryan had to fly back home for the week so Bob
offered to take Blake and Kenzie in our car and
Jeanne drove Peyton and I. That was a HUGE help,
I was able to sleep most of the way to California and
Blake and Kenzie of course and SO much fun with
Grandpa! Monday morning we all woke up healthy
so the kids and I went to tour the resort. Later we
spent the afternoon at Newport beach with Bob and Jeanne.
{I forgot my camera. :( }
Tuesday morning walking down to the kids club...
The Newport Marriott Villas is vey kid friendly and
had plenty of activities for the kids to do everyday!
Walking to and from the kids club became our
morning routine! ;)
Making play dough.
The play dough came in handy during Peyton's naps.
Nothing like playing play dough and looking out to
the ocean! :)
Shuffle Board!
We had NO idea how to play but they loved "playing it!"
More kids club!
Lots of swimming!!
Glitter Tattoos by the pool.
Bob then had to fly home on Wednesday so
Jeanne and I treated ourselves (and the kids)
to El Tortio for dinner! Peyton enjoyed the ribs. ;)
Newport Beach!
The kids enjoyed McDonalds on the beach...
Peyton and I shared Pipeline for lunch!
{one of the reasons I LOVE Newport!}
Kenzie spent most of her time at the beach running
from waves and doing cartwheels! :)
Friday morning Ryan flew in and of course it was
our one and only rainy day. :(
Lucky for the kids it was also the day IceAge 4
started. We spent the day at the movies,
eating out for lunch, and shopping!
Saturday was perfect and sunny so we headed
back to Newport beach for more
Pipeline onion rings and cheeseburgers! ;)
Looking for shells.
While the kids were looking for shells Jeanne
ran to the gift shop to buy HUGE shells!!
We buried them for the kids to find... I was too
busy videotaping their reactions, I didn't get many
pictures.
Looking at all the sailboats, and triathlon swimmers!
This little girl did not mind the sand one bit!
We even found her eating sand covered fruit
snacks, and rice krispy treats!?
Blake posing in front of the sailboat... and Peyton
joined in!
Kenzie was too busy sunbathing!? ;)
Arial reenactment! ;)
All she needs are waves crashing behind her.
Looking off the pier
Once we got back to the hotel the kids loved
looking at all the cool shells they "found!!" ;)
Saturday night we decided to eat some more fried
food and go to the OC Fair!!
Ryan bought fried oreos?!
We then watched the pig races...
So many babies were born over in the farm area...
an hour old calf.
and seven piglets. SO CUTE!!
We finished our last night at Newport Marriott
with s'mores at the fire pit!
Thanks Bob and Jeanne for an
AMAZING two weeks!!
On our way back to Arizona we did some shopping
at the outlet mall and then stopped by the
dinosaur park. Every time we drive to and from
California, Ryan always wants to stop and see the dinosaurs. So we did this
time! ;) Inside the long neck there is a souvenir shop.
Blake is crying in this picture because he didn't get a souvenir.
Ryan and the girls (and a random family)
in front of the HUGE T-Rex!
After all of our many stops we were
FINALLY back home!
Back to work, laundry, chores, cooking,
and getting ready for school to start!! :)





3 comments:
So fun! I always want to stop at the dinosaurs from "pee-wee's big adventure" too, but Benson never lets me...someday! Looks like a fun trip!
im so jealous! Looked like you guys had a blast! I love the pic of peyton eating sand Im pretty sure mom has the same picture of you;)
I have a picture of you at the beach probably 25 years ago and you do have sand in your mouth. Ha. Looks like a fabulous vacation.
Post a Comment