Saturday, April 16, 2011

Pat's Run

A few months ago Ryan signed up for the
Pat Tillman race. He signed up Blake and
McKenzie for the kids race (as you'll
notice from the pictures, Kenzie's morning started
off bad when I told her to put on some
tennis shoes and she wanted flip flops. Then I told her to
put on some running shorts and she wanted a
skirt?! So when it came time to leave
she had on running shorts and flip flops! She had
NO desire in running the race today, or getting her
picture taken.)
Ok, back to the runners...
When I wrote Jacob on his mission I mentioned
the race and he wanted to do it too!
So not even 24 hours from when he got off the
plane from Paraguay he was running a race?!
He and Ryan ran the 4.2 miles and the kids and I met
them after the race with my dad.
There were lots of ASU players and mascots walking
around before the kids race started.
Here is Blake with... umm an ASU player.
Here he is with ummm ya another ASU player!
Blake and Big Red!
The Suns Gorilla!
We then ran into one of his buddies, Nate and his family.
Ryan and Jacob then ran the kids .42 mile race with Blake.
Blake was excited to tell me that he ran
the WHOLE thing!!
Blake and Uncle Jacob at the finish line.
Ryan and Blake after the race was over!
The kids both had fun just walking around the expo
getting free drinks, smoothies, and cereal bars!!
Ryan is ready to make a tradition of running in it
every year! I personally enjoyed the people
watching and eating at Jersey Mike's after the race! :)

1 comment:

Sylvia Burr said...

How Fun!! I loved all the ASu players and the Suns Mascot that Blake got to meet. What a great Day. Count me in for next year!