Monday, November 24, 2008

Drama Mama!

...this little girl is giving me a RUN for my money!!

This morning we all slept in and Blake was
suppose to be at his play group at 9:30!
As I was running around trying to get him 
ready Kenzie was following me around 
CRYING... for NO reason! 
(aka driving me CRAZY!)
As I finally got Blake dressed and ready I
decided to get Kenzie dressed so I could 
run to the grocery store during play group.
As I got her dressed in a pink and brown
outfit I proceeded to put on her
pink and brown shoes... makes sense.. right?!?
Oh no, she had OTHER plans...
as I put her shoes on (pic above) I ran in 
my room got my shoes on and brushed
my teeth. As we ran out the door I  got
Blake in the car and opened the door
to get Kenzie in her seat to find out
that she had SWITCHED her shoes?!?!
She put on a white pair of
"sunday" shoes that are TWO
sizes too big! 
Well it turns out I for got my purse at
home... so no grocery store.
By this time I'd given up!
So I get home and asked Kenzie...
"where are your other shoes?"
and the TANTRUM began!!!
She kicked her shoes off and started to YELL
and Scream... at ME?!?!?
I went in her room to find her other shoes...
they were no where to be found!
Once she calmed down I offered her
a fruit snack to show me where her shoes
were... and led me to the kitchen and 
pointed in the trash can?!! WHAT??
Seriously... I can't deal with her
ALREADY telling me what she is going
to wear! I'm not a nice enough mom for 
that! ;) I guess its all just begun...
 first her shoes and clothes, and next...!?!?

9 comments:

{jennifer} said...

Good luck with your future clothing/shoes fights. Luckily Alexis has decent fashion sense and I rarely have to veto an outfit... otherwise we would have a serious catfight. Just choose your battles - stupid cliche but true, especially with little girls:)

The Danielson said...

This reminds me of when mom would make us wear those ugly easter dresses to church that nana would buy us. I HATED THAT! So HEY leave my Kenz ALONE. We all let you wear the bugs bunny sweater out in public. HA!!! j/k
GOOD LUCK... wait till i get her some light up Dora shoes. SHES GOING TO LOVE THEM!

mimilee said...

next, boys!

Kyle said...

Ha! Ha! That is so funny! Love the drama!

dan and ashley said...

ha! :) oh dear- this is what i get to look forward to....

Britany said...

I love this story! Now I know why you were blogging yesterday morning. Glad you documented it. Did you feel better?!

Amy said...

That is so funny that she threw her shoes away! Can you believe how dramatic girls are?!!!

Jen and Bryan said...

that's awesome. I'm SO glad my daughter isn't like that. (insert eye roll) At least she's cute, court... :)

Jeff, Chelsea & Rustin said...

Oh the fits that kids throw over the silliest things some times. The joys of children you got to love them!Fun Fun good luck!