Every year since... well FOREVER, my family
goes to the Gilbert Days Parade!!
Its something I ALWAYS look forward to!!
~ Its really NOT that great of a parade, and is normally
the same year after year... but we
always joke and compare it to the Macy's Day Parade!
This year was my brother in laws first time
going... so OF COURSE we had to talk it up!
My parents just live a few streets away from
Gilbert Rd. so they are always nice enough to get
there early and save seats...
(yeah, its kind of a big deal!)
Here are my parents saving our seats, with
McKenzie and baby Lyvi!

Blake hanging out in the wagon waiting for the parade!

McKenzie, already done with her
juice and snacks... before the parade
even started!

Dairy Queen's ice cream cone was
passing out coupon books, so
Blake and Brooke went to
give him a high five.

Blake's favorite part was the marching bands!
All the high schools in gilbert have their
marching bands perform!

Here is 1/2 of the "Burr Gang"
Afterwards we went over to my parents house
and ordered pizza and saddled the horses!
Blake hasn't ever liked Snoopy (the pony) but
this year he really enjoyed riding her!
So after Kenzie watched Blake ride and she clapped her hands the whole time for him,
I put her on the pony...
She WAS NOT very happy with me...
She WAS NOT very happy with me... so we thought we'd add Lyvi to see if they
would ride her together...
NOPE!
So of course, Blake thought he'd take another
turn... this time he rode her with only one
hand so he could wave to everyone...
(like in the parade!) :)
hasn't been rode a whole lot, so he saddled
her up and Ryan decided to get on first...
(sorry no pictures)
but he did really well!
Then my bro-in-law, sister, little brother
and his girlfriend all rode her!
I was still a little too afraid! :)
(now you know where Kenzie gets it from!)
~
We had such a fun time with the family and
we (and I mean I) am ALREADY
counting down for next year! :)
4 comments:
I am glad it was entertaining - that is the best part about parades - PEOPLE watching:) Snoopy the pony looks so cute and I love Kenzie's face. I am kind of, ok really, afraid of horses too.
WOW! Its about time you posted. I can't believe you forgot your camera. thats so not a true blogger:)Such a fun Saturday!
So can we take a field trip to your parents and ride ponies?! :)
I love Kenzie's face on the pony!!!
WHAT? Your parents have a pony and you never even mentioned it? That looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment