I've decided to dedicate ALL my time to BLAKE!! Lately he has been taking his diaper off
outside (luckily) and going pee were our dog pees. (gross, I know) So I've decided to begin to potty train. So with the help of some friends and family I've gotten a few pointers to do, such as, treats after he goes or setting a timer to remind him (and me) that its time to go... I can't complain too much it really hasn't been THAT bad (just VERY time consuming) Blake loves his new underwear and loves to wash his hands all by himself! I just can't wait for him to do it all on his own!! (when does that begin?!?) I am open to any and all advice!!! (Especially when it comes to going out in public, and dropping him off at the gym?!?)
These pictures aren't the best but I take what I can get!!! :)
6 comments:
Okay, I can't believe I am admitting this but as far as "going out" concerns I would bribe Ben by letting him go pee on my tire. I learned this from a friend (who I won't "out" publicly,but I'll tell you later) because her little boy loved it and so did Ben...I would tell him "Ben, if you can not go pee the whole time we are at the mall(or wherever) I will let you go pee on my tire when we get out." Then I would have to pull through and block him and let him pee on my tire...but it worked AND he was afraid of the automatic flushers in public bathrooms so it worked out good. Anyway, kind of a funny reward!
Also, he had a hard time with "number 2" so I wrapped up a bunch of little presents and put them in a gift bag labelled "poopy presents" and he got to open a present every time he pooped in the potty (I bought little hot wheel cars and some CARS cars but you can get whatever Blake likes. Anyway, Ben really liked the whole opening the present thing...worked way better then just letting him pick a present!
Sorry, for the super long comment...once again should have just called you :)
I know it seems impossible I have more to say...but I just wanted to tell you sorry about Jason Castro. AND thanks for coming today!
Love the big boy dun-da-duns. So potty training is a huge pain when going out in public. I was an evil mom and just put a pull-up on Alexis and then her underwear over it for a really long time when we would go out of the house. She never had any accidents in public with this so it was probably pointless but great for peace of mind:) Lex also got candy after she went everytime but this can be a bad thing because sometimes she would force a drop out every 10 minutes just to get some sugar. He will catch on pretty quick and it will be great not to have to change another diaper!!! Yea for you guys.
after putting brailyn on the potty when i knew she would have to go for a few months, i went to the store and bought a sponge bob "potty step". she practiced pulling off her panties, getting on the step, and turning around to sit on the potty ALL DAY. but the next day, she just went to the bathroom all on her own. i didn't have to ask her or just put her on in anticipation. and now she tells me when she needs to go. as for public bathrooms, i still go take her in the middle of nursery. i don't know if someone else will get her there in time:)
Going out in public isn't terrible, you basically replace the diapers you used to carry for extra underwear and comfy shorts in case of accidents. We did a sticker chart for rewards. We made a grid of squares on the computer and printed a bunch of sheets that hung on the bathroom wall. You get a sticker every time you "try" whether anything comes out or not, two stickers and a treat for going #2. When we go out or to a friends we point out the restroom right away. That will save you from accidents that occur simply because they didn't know where to go and got too panicked to find mom or dad.
Oh how I am NOT looking forward to Potty Training!!! Good luck, those pics are so cute :)
Post a Comment