Friday, May 9, 2008

Reward Time!!

So I promised Blake that if he could go 5 DAYS without any accidents we would go to the mall with dad and ride the new carousal! He has been so excited, and after every time he went to the bathroom he'd ask "is it time to ride the big gorilla?" So tonight Ryan and I took him to the mall and ate dinner and I stood in line with him... (3 BUCKS later?!?) I started counting the kids in front of us and counting the animals on the upper level, it wasn't looking like we'd get the gorilla!! So as soon as the man took our tokens I told Blake "follow me" I booked it to the back staircase and totally ditch Blake!! I ran up the stairs to go stand by the gorilla.  A few kids later Blake came up the stairs and was so excited to get on the gorilla! (dedication, I know!!) (mother of the year?!?!) :)

Look at the excitement on that face!!
(the gorilla really didn't want to look at the camera!)



After the ride Blake tried to take the gorilla's 
banana away.
(I'm not sure if he thought he could really get it, or what.)

I'll pay the 3 bucks a week if I don't have to 
change anymore diapers!!

10 comments:

Kyle said...

You are mother of the year...way to fight for the gorilla!!

{jennifer} said...

Yep for $3 it is worth mowing down the other kids to get that gorilla! He looks so excited! Yea for Blake and hopefully you get to go back in 5 days, although this time maybe the ride attendant will let you go to the front of the line thinking "oh boy, here comes that gorilla mom again." :)

Britany said...

We rode the carousel last night and Maya HAD to ride the gorilla too! :)

Hope he keeps it up!

The Kriloff Klan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Kriloff Klan said...

Great Job Mom! No diapers is a beautiful thing!

That delete was me because I can't spell today!

Amy said...

You are awesome to get the gorilla! He looks so happy! I hate potty training, and I hear boys are harder than girls. No pointers from me!

Jen and Bryan said...

oh my gosh!!!! yeah, blakers! Tell him that Carter is so proud of him for being such a big boy. how's the pooping going? (not with you, with blake) Any tips would be great with that one...

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

I am so glad that potty training has gone so well for you. After going through it once I always say I never want to do it again, it's harder than you think it is going to be. You definitely are a good Mom to fight for the gorilla, the things we do for our kids!

Unknown said...

Good job! I am glad to know that he is on his way to being completely potty trained again! It is such a relief to not have to change two sets of diapers all the time :)

mimilee said...

ok do you remember when alex was blake's age? because looking at blake reminds me of alex when we were in highschool... and when we would ride the carousel.