Oh McKenzie... where do I begin?? Granna tells me that you are JUST like me when I was little but I refuse to believe it! ;) I'm hoping that this is just something you're going to grow out of... SOON! I've been wanting to sign you up for something {dance, gymnastics, cheer, ANYTHING} but you just haven't been able to make up your mind. You've done a few camps that you've liked but then when its time to go back you cry? There have been two situations {within the past 4 days} that are perfect examples! I'm putting it in my journal so that when you are 29
and have a fun and sassy little girl like you I'll be able to prove it! ;)
A few months ago you did a cheer camp at the high school that you LOVED! You practiced the cheers all week before the big varsity football game! The night of the game I wasn't sure you'd do it but you proved me wrong and cheered the whole first half of the game! So, the high school sent another flier home for another cheer camp... same idea as the first except it was cheering at the varsity basketball game. You brought the flier home and BEGGED to sign up for it. Everyday you asked if it was "cheer camp day." Finally the day came and you couldn't wait! You got on your cheer shorts, tennis shoes, and we washed your Desert Ridge Cheer shirt just so you could wear it again! As soon as we got there you started acting a little shy but I knew as soon as Brooke got there you'd liven right up! Well, Brooke got there and you still weren't wanting to go out a stretch with all the other girls. So I walked you out and introduced you to some of the cheerleaders and went and sat down to watch. You stood by all the other girls your age with your arms crossed and pouted! I walked over to you and said that if you didn't participate we needed to just go home. You started to cry. 45 minutes of this went on till I asked for a refund and had to DRAG you out of the gym!! I'm not sure why you were crying but you didn't want to cheer and you didn't want to leave?! I'm not sure what you wanted.
Then 4 days later I was assigned to volunteer in your class {which I did weekly last year} and you loved! You decided that you wanted to come with me instead of riding the bus so we dropped of Peyton at Carley's house and drove to school. You began to cry telling me that you didn't want me to come to your class! We got to school and line up with all the other kids and you were still crying. When Ms. Suzann asked what was wrong you simply told her that you
didn't want your mom to go to class with you. {that was a low point for me.}
The teacher then looked at me and said "I'm so sorry." I felt like an abusive mom that you didn't want to be around. Well the good news is... 3 hours later you came bouncing off the bus asking if I wanting to play Mario with you. So, I guess we are friends again... {just not at school?} Even though you are the SASSIEST little 4 1/2 year old I know... you are still such a sweet little girl who loves when I "hold you with your blanket". You also help me all day long with making Peyton happy, cooking dinner, washing dishes, and feeding Peyton. You tell me when you are 5 you won't throw fits anymore because then you will be in Kindergarten!
I.CAN'T.WAIT! ;)
2 comments:
Kenzie, one day you will know just how wonderful your Mother is! Courtney, just keep hanging in there, look what a beautiful person you turned out to be.
4 words...welcome to my life....and Kendall is almost 6 :) it dosent get better..sorry . Ha! But they are cute at least right?
Post a Comment