This week for Fall Break we decided to take the kids
to California with some friends.
I love this picture of the kids at Disneyland because
it totally captures Kenyon and Kenzie's
relationship! ;) All four of the kids played so well
with each other all week and had SO much fun!
Our friends the Chatwins went with us also... and as you
can see in this picture Ryan re-lives his teenage years
when he is around the Chatwin boys!
I'm not sure how they ALL fit into one teapot but lets
just say Ryan's 'age' caught up with him after this ride! ;)
You would think by sending the little kids with Kim they'd
have a slower ride... but she didn't disappoint! ;)
I could barley watch the teapots I was getting so sick!
Kenzie had ONE thing on her agenda that day...
to meet Tinkerbell!!
So after Britany, Maya, Kenzie and I waited an
hour in the sun we FINALLY met Tinkerbell.
Ryan and the kids riding Alice in Wonderland.
Don't mind Ryan's shirt the Chatwins gave it to
him to wear to Disneyland... and he did just that!
(it says I've always been a bit Goofy)
As you can see I'm not in any of the pictures,
Britany and I both being prego took it
easy and got stroller passes for the others to
get right on all the rides, saved seats for the
parades and night shows, and sat on
Main Street and ate corndogs while people
watching... A Disneyland MUST! :)
~
Tuesday we were DEAD from doing
Disneyland from open to 10 (midnight for the dads)
so we just hung around all day Tuesday,
let the kids play outside, and ate Panera Bread
and Pat and Oscars for our meals!
(a Ca. must! :)
~
Wednesday we drove down to Newport
for the afternoon. The kids had so much
fun playing in the sand while the dads
and Chatwin boys played in the water.
Muscle Man! :)
The guys then decided to dig a huge hole
for the kids to play in and a tunnel for
them to crawl under.
While digging we started seeing some
kind of rescue going on so Cameron ran down to
find out what was going on. Next thing we knew the
police came down to where we were to tell us to start
packing up they were looking for a body that
had gone under!
So while the police filled in our hole we packed up and
walked back to the boardwalk to watch the rescue.
After an hour of the swimmer going under they
found his body RIGHT where the guys were all
boogie boarding!! CRAZY! It was so surreal to
watch the rescue but even more so to watch
the girlfriend of the victim. So Sad. We then went
back to shower and pack up for a long drive home!
~
Besides the beach tragedy we had such a FUN
trip with friends! Disneyland never disappoints...
Blake had SO much fun being able to ride ALL the
rides there. Indiana Jones was his favorite!
Kenzie was low key and didn't want to ride a lot of
the rides but had SO much fun seeing
Tinkerbell, watching the parades, and fireworks!
Her favorite ride was Small World and hasn't
stopped singing it yet! ;)
7 comments:
Fun trip!!! Scary about the body though...yikes! I want to see a picture of Ryan getting puked on!!
The picture of Kenzie and Tinkerbell is my favorite!!
Now you are motivating me to blog it. Cute pics!
I loved the huge tunnel at the beach. Disneyland looked like so much fun. I loved the picture of Kenzie and Blake and their friends. Good Times
Happy 5th Birthday Blake
Papa and I love you!
Wow! Quite the trip. That's so sad about the guy who drowned. But other than that, it sounds like the trip was a success.
how fun i am jealous, Curt and I have been saving our pennies to go to disneyland for like 2 years and I think we are up to $50 haha. Oh and Kenzie pouting about the presents is sooo Jacks, every year we have pouting pics of that kid. too funny
oh and that is precisely why i don't go in oceans...at least not more than 5 feet into one. creeepppy! It was probably some kind of creepy sea creature that pulled him under. OK maybe I've watched nature shows too much but anything that lives in the ocean is creepy!
Post a Comment