Wednesday, April 28, 2010

LA Ragnar 2010

This past weekend Ryan and I ran in the Ragnar Relay
down the Pacific Coast Highway.
Between 12 members on our team we ran 200
miles in Southern California!
This was my first Ragnar and Ryan's third!
Here are the members of our van...
Jeremy, Melissa and Jeff, Bryan, and Ryan and I!
Our team name was
My Mom thinks I'm fast!
So of course we had to decorate our
van with "mom" jokes! :)
Van #1 ran first so we had about 6 hours to "waste!"
After stopping by the grocery store and eating and
In-n-Out we decided to stop by Target.
All the guys decided to surprise the other van with
a BOOM! In the mens section there were ADULT
Superman underwear that the guys just COULDN'T
pass up! They had to add the wife beaters... just for fun?!
So while waiting they played some frisbee... to make the
game more fun they decided that if you missed the
frisbee you had to take of one article of clothing!
(revealing the BOOM to their audience!)
First was Ryan... so off went his shirt revealing
his white trash wife beater !!
Next was the BOOM!
(really big on the butt it says BOOM!)
Sorry I was laughing too hard to get the
WHOLE outfit!!
Ryan and Jeff decided to "Boom"
Spiderman (who was randomly running through
the parking lot! :)
The guys in our van posing in their booms...
while waiting for the other members of
our team!
Ok, enough of the BOOM... all day I had been STRESSING
about my first leg! (7.o miles!)
So here I am with a smile?!? on my face ready to RUN!
The last "leg" Ryan handed off to me...
so here I am waiting...
... and of course Ryan can't do ANYTHING seriously
he came "speed walking" in without his shirt on! :)
The finish line of the race was on the beach
of Dana Point. Here we are waiting for
Bryan and Melissa to come across the
finish line!
Some of our team had to catch a flight and
missed out at the finish line!
Billy, Rebecca, Melissa, Jeff, Ryan, me, Jeremy
and Bryan!
Not pictured... Amy, Sarah, Wayne and Kaye!
We had such a FUN team and a great time
getting to know everyone better...
maybe getting to know TOO much of some! :)
~
Thanks to my parents and sisters for
watching Blake and Kenzie!!
They had SO much fun...
too much fun that they weren't excited
to see us!! :(
They wanted to stay ONE more night!!
I'm glad they were well taken care of!

5 comments:

The Danielson said...

LOL! Ryan's underwear... Classic!
ps. you look GREAT in all your pictures.

The Lees said...

Oh man, I hadn't seen a picture of them in their "uniforms"! Hilarious! (and disturbing!) I am very impressed with you, and think you all are crazy at the same time. I'm glad it was a good experience.

Stock Family said...

LOL!! So fun! I want to do a Ragnar sometime... maybe without the BOOM! Haha!

Sylvia Burr said...

Okay Ryan I am embarrassed. But what a great time you both had. We were so happy to have Kenzie and Blake they were Little Angels!! Great Pictures!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Haha, those are some hilarious pictures! Leave it to Ryan and the rest of those guys to wear something like that!!!
Courtney, I am SOO impressed you did it too, wow! I don't think I could ever do it! Looks like a fun trip!