Monday, June 8, 2009

Las Vegas

This past weekend we took a QUICK trip up to 
Las Vegas for our nephew, Tyler's baptism!
We drove up Friday late morning and arrived 
around 6:30pm! It was a long drive for only
being 6 hours away! I love traveling with kids! ;)
Once we arrived we all met at Ryan and Brittany's
house for a Bar-b-que! Its always fun to see 
everyone and for the cousins to all play!
After we ate Grandma and Grandpa hid
candy for a treasure hunt!
Here is Blake with his "loot!"
Then, Ryan decided to make some "trades" with
Kenzie (and Ryan's) candy! 
Saturday morning we drove further up the mountain 
to go visit Grandma and Grandpa!
The kids (and Ryan) love to look off the
balcony for animals!
Then, Grandpa brought out some bubbles for the 
kids to play with...
Here is Blake showing Kenzie how its done...
(notice the jackets?!? It was so cold up on the
mountain and got down to 44 degrees!)
Then they each got their own!
Later that afternoon was Tyler's baptism. It was such a 
nice baptism and Kris and Sue put on a yummy 
dinner afterwards!
While it was being prepared the kids played on
their water slide. 
Throughout the baptism and on the
 way to Kris's house Blake was complaining 
about his stomach hurting. I thought maybe he just
needed to go to the bathroom but after about 10
minutes of playing out side he threw up!
So he spent the rest of the evening upstairs 
watching tv with pedialyte and a "bowl!"
Sunday he woke up feeling fine so 
we went to dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's 
house. They had made a yummy turkey dinner!
It was a fun quick trip minus the illness! 
I'm just glad he was feeling better for the 
6 hour drive home! :)

4 comments:

Kyle said...

I love Kenzie's headband!
And I wish I had that blow up slide in my backyard!!

Anonymous said...

theres no picture of me....urgh.

rob

The Danielson said...

Thats crazy one day the kids are in jackets and the next day in SWIM SUITS! thats some CRAZY weather.
Ps... not sure what a "loot" is?

Amy said...

I can still see the chunks of hotdog...YUCK! I'm glad he was better by the time you drove home...hopefully the rest of you didn't get it!