Well yes, it WAS that
time of year again!
For some reason I just DON'T
look forward to my birthday anymore. I love the
shopping part of it but as a mom, kids
just DON'T understand
IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!
It all started on the day
before my birthday
some girls in my ward took me to
breakfast at ONE of my favorite places...
PARADISE BAKERY!!
It was fun to just sit and chat and eat
yummy food... until my kids cookies were
gone and they decided it was time to GO!
They were all over the place!
Then, on my birthday my sister Carley
stopped by first thing in the morning and
picked my kids up so I could get ready for the day
and do things for myself without kids!
It was GREAT!
She later called and said, "I forgot Kenzie's
shoes... and bring a camera!"
When I got to her house (she had gotten my kids
dressed for the day) she opened the door
and told me to get my camera ready...
She decided to sponge curl McKenzie's mullet!
I laughed so hard when I first saw her.
Kenzie thought she looked SO pretty and would
just smile so big!
She LOVED IT!
When then went and met my other sisters,
my mom , and my little brother at Costa Vida!
(another favorite!!)
While in a MAJOR line at Costa Vida Blake
wanted to be held and kept telling
me he needed a jacket because he was SO cold?!?
Meanwhile I'm totally SWEATING!!
Just as I sat down to start eating Blake told
me his tummy hurt REAL bad!! So we ran to
the bathroom
... and let's just say he wasn't feeling to good,
I'll spare you details! ;)
After that he was all happy and hungry
( my appetite was kind of ruined by that point)
So while laughing and talking with everyone
Blake, once again tells me his tummy hurt...
and YES once again!! ;)
So we left soon after that!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
After we all took naps...
yes all three! Everyone was happy and
feeling good!
McKenzie woke up and her curls had gone FLAT!
I wanted Ryan to see her hair so I put the
curlers back in... and of course took some pictures!
She LOVED having the curlers in her hair!
Ryan was able to get home "kind of " early!
He made dinner for the kids while I went shopping!
It was so nice to go by myself and take my time
looking through the stores that I wanted to go to
and try things on!
(I don't ever try things on when my kids
or Ryan are with me, they aren't great shoppers! )
Once I got home the kids were already in
bed, and I was able to relax and watch
Dancing With the Stars!!! :)
It turned out to be a really good birthday!
8 comments:
Yea! I'm glad you had a great Birthday! I love Kenzie's hair...and how proud Carley is of it :) So cute!
Alas, mom birthdays stink. Last year was royally sucky for me. I'm not even afraid of getting old, I just want to really celebrate, and I don't see that happening anytime soon! Sorry it was stinky...better luck next year!
HAppy 26th Courtney, the first of us to leave the quarter century mark!
Glad it was a good birthday! I think that husbands need to take the day off and take out children away on our birthdays! :)
I am glad you had a happy birthday! Kenzie's hair is so cute and I love that she is a girly girl! Sorry about Blake's extra special present for you - What the heck is up with the stomach flu around here!!?!! I {STILL} have your present sitting on my counter, I will brave the football handoff in the morning but seeing how great the boys are about remembering that kind of stuff we will probably drop by this weekend.
Happy Belated Birthday! I remebered last week that my birthday is coming up, but I laughed so hard reading this because I can totally picture my day going the SAME WAY!
Kenzie's hair looks adorable! That is so cute how happy she is...I think you may have another Alyssa on your hands:) That was so nice of Carley to take your kids for you and I'm glad Ryan was able to babysit for you to go shopping. At least it wasn't just your kids that were done at Paradise after the cookies were gone...they all were:) That stomach flu was brutal!!!
Well Happy Birthday! Its kinda just like another day when you are a mom and not a kid any more!
Post a Comment