This year for our Alexander get together my in-laws rented
a beach house on NewPort Beach for a week! The kids and I were able
to stay for the week. Ryan flew home to work for a few days
and then flew back to stay for the rest of the week!
What family reunion doesn't consist
of matching shirts??
Not OURS!!
My mother in-law was nice enough to order us all
matching GREEN shirts. They were nice to be able
to keep aneye on all the kids... we never lost anyone!
Here's my two sister in-laws and mother in-law
modeling our new shirts!
Aren't they SO flattering!?!
At first McKenzie was NOT sure if she like the sand in her
toes or not... it didn't take her too long to
figure she really did like it!
Blake and McKenzie sporting their new shirts!
(The shirts said Alexander New Port Beach PARTY!!)
After dinner we played T-Ball... one of the brothers
(I won't mention names)
ROB!! broke the Tee!! So Kris ended up
being the TEE!
Here is Ryan's HOME RUN!
After baths we had volcano desserts and Grandma
Jeanne had a craft planned! The kids used
the shells they found that day
(and some that grandma bought)
and made picture frames!
Blake was so proud of his picture frame!
Sunday morning we woke up early and took family pictures!
Here's the whole gang!
Ryan and Blake
... and McKenzie!
Grandpa and Grandma Alexander with all
TEN grand kids!
Blake walking back to the beach house after all
the pictures were taken!
That night Ryan flew home to work for a few days.
Monday my in laws offered to watch the three babies
while we took the older kids to Disneyland!
This Disneyland trip was so fun because Blake is still
free to enter the park, but was tall enough to ride
most of the rides!!
He rode Big Thunder Mountain, Soaring California, Splash
Mountain, and The Matterhorn! This was also his
first trip that he really got excited when he
saw the characters!
(and wasn't afraid of them!)
Here he is with Tigger!
and Goofy!
Woody!
and Jessie!
We both rode Midway Mania for the first time!
This was a fun ride for EVERYONE!!
Here's Blake and his cousin Alexis posing with
their 3-D glasses and suckers!
Ryan's little sister Brittany and husband Ryan!
They are AWESOME with the kids and Blake loved
riding some of the rides with them!
Usually when I go to Disneyland I don't get a souvenir unless
its like a Christmas ordainment or something! Well this trip
after only my second ride I decided to get a souvenir...
I sat in some body's GUM!!! GROSS!
(just remember... the camera adds about 10 lbs!!... right?)
Here is Blake riding Soaring California! This was
Blake's favorite ride... we ended up riding it 3 times!
Amy and her girls were nice enough to ride this ride with Blake!
He and Ryan love the spinning rides but they make me so sick!
Blake and his cousin Ashley!
The following day we spent it at the beach!
Grandma Jeanne showed the kids how to feed the birds!
and Aunt Brittany helped him make a sand castle!
Here is Blake chasing the birds away!
Thursday night Ryan flew back in so we spent all
day Friday at Disneyland!
Here is Blake posing next to Tinker Bell!
(he always tells me how cute she is... so he was so
excited to see her!)
Ryan and Blake on the Merry go round!
Of course we had to show Ryan how fun Midway Mania is!!
Ryan and Blake wanted to watch the Jedi training show!
The picked Blake out of the audience to fight Darth Vader!
... he got a little nervous and decided he didn't want to do it!
After the show he and Ryan went to build is own light saber!
(that was the ONLY souvenir he REALLY wanted!)
Its all he talked about the whole time!!
Here he is with his new BLUE Light Saber!!
Of course they couldn't go to Disneyland and NOT
ride the Tea Cups!
Blake laughs so hard the whole time he is on this ride!
He LOVES it!!
TOON TOWN!
While waiting for the parade to start the only thing
that made Kenzie stop crying was to run
up and down main street!!
She thought she was SO funny!
Blake liked the parade but was not a fan of Ursela!
We had a great time with the Alexander family,
cant wait till next year!
11 comments:
What a fun family vacation! You can NEVER go wrong with California! The beach looks like so much for...for the adults AND the kids! I love that last picture...she scares me!
Yeah! I was wondering if you were back yet. Looks like such a fun time!!!
WOW! What an awesome trip!
i am so jealous...that looks like so much fun!!
I am having with-drawals! Why oh why do I live here, seriously I need to win the lottery and buy a beach house and move there permanently! We had so much fun and thanks so much for posting the beautiful green shirt picture - in that one the camera adds 10 pounds or 50 on me. Yesterday at Disneyland there was a huge group with bright orange shirts on that had the Cinderella castle in Mexican flag colors and then said "la familia Sanchez." I didn't have my camera handy which is too bad since that would be a
G-rrrreat idea for our next shirts:)
I love Blake's face when he saw Ursula! You did a better job documenting the whole trip than I did:) I'm with Jen, why the heck did you have to post the picture of us in those green shirts???
I love going on beach trips. It intertains the kids so well.Looks like lots of fun!
Good to see you on here! Thanks for the comment. That is sad your sister-in-law had to go through the same thing. Your trip looks fun. I have been wanting to take my daughter to Disneyland so bad!
I lOVE all your pics!!! Looks like you guys had a blast...your kiddos are to die for, seriously, so ADORABLE ;) Newport is the best, glad you guys enjoyed the Beach!!!
Those pictures are SO cute!!! I feel like I was there. And compliments to the innocent bystander that took the family picture. EVERYONE is looking. Did they flash you guys or something? :) Impressive!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Are you going to do a big Birthday post???
Post a Comment