We had a chance to go to Maui with some good friends
of ours for a week in July.
(just so happened to land on our 6th anniversary!)
~We flew into Maui at 9:30 pm monday night, stopped to
get our groceriesand then drove to
the condo, in Kahana.
The following morning we woke up to a beautiful view!
Our "master suite"
divided from the "main room" by the sliding door
(to the left of the picture!)
and divided from the hallway to the Wyeth's room
and bathroom by a shower curtain...
Yes! SHOWER CURTAIN!!
(we didn't fly 5 1/2 hrs to Maui for our room!!:)
(yes, we did end up pushing our beds together!!) ;0
The view from our "master suite!!"
Tuesday we drove around to see the area, rented
snorkeling gear, and boogie boards.
We hung out at the beach most of the day!
~it was so nice just to RELAX!! :)
Here is Bryan and Jen posing in front of Black rock...
here is where we did most of our snorkeling!!
Ryan and Bryan "body surfing"
Jen has video of this on her blog (click here) its pretty funny!
That night we went to eat at Bubba Gumps
(we had such a pretty view on the water at sunset!)
Afterwards we went to a comedy magic show.
We all loved it, the guys were so good and
so funny!
We were so lucky to have Jen with us! She is such an
amazing photographer! (most of the pictures from
this trip were taken by her
with her camera!)
Thanks Jen! :)
Wednesday morning we got up early and went on a boat
for a day trip to Molokini
( a crater about a hour south of Maui, with "great snorkeling" )
~here we are just starting off the trip... and so far so good!!
Ryan and Bryan
Jen and I
Here we are "trying" to snorkel...
it was a windy and over cast day so the water was
so "choppy."
The drive out I got SO sea sick and lets just say I
"fed" the fish from the side of the boat!! YUCK!
After snorkeling for about 20 min I had to get back in
the boat, the choppy water was making my sickness
even worse!
~here we are on the way back... I slept most of the
way unless I was "feeding" the fish! :(
The water DID finally calm down and I was well enough to
see all the sea turtles!
~ they were so cute and would come up for a breath!
Thursday morning we got up early and made the drive to Hana!
Hana is a 3 hour drive from start to finish with different stops off
the road with beautiful sights!
~Luckily we had our "trusty" guide Bryan with his
"Maui bible" to show us all the best stops!! :)
Here we are starting off our day!
One of the "stops" was a black sand beach!
At the black sand beach there was a cave in the
side of one of the mountains... we crawled through
the opening and found this beautiful cove!
~ our next stop was the bamboo forrest! I loved the
sound the bamboo made when the wind would blow!
It was so pretty!
Through bamboo forrest there were beautiful
waterfalls!
~ another stop was the red sand beach... it reminded me
of Sedona, Az (the coloring of the mountains!)
Ryan "took one for the team" and climbed
down some rocks to get a picture of the waves
crashing behind him!
"ARIEL"
(all he needed were some sea shells!)
Friday we took it easy, hung out at the beach,
went shopping...
that night we went to a Luau at the Sheraton!
~This is a picture of Ryan, and one of the Hawaiian dancers.
He was teaching us how to play a game.
You throw a spear and try to get it to go between two little
sticks in the ground?!?
(not bad for a first timer!!)
Before the Luau started we walked around and took
some pictures. There was also items that the local
women make... (i.e. jewlery, purses, hats...)
It was neat to see how creative the women are!
Here is our DINNER!!
I was a little nervous at first about the food...
but it was delicious!
Another great photo taken by Jen!
and then the show BEGAN!!
This was my first time to a Luau.. those girls are
AMAZING!!!
... toward the end this fire dancer performed!
He was unbelievable!!!
The luau was one of my highlights of the trip!
I loved watching them perform!
of course we HAD to get our pictures taken
with the dancers!!
I was a little intimidated of this guys...
good thing Jen came with me!!
As you can tell, Ryan was not intimidated
by this dancer!! ;)
Saturday morning we woke up early to go parasailing!!
I was REALLY looking forward to doing this!!
I started to get a little nervous after I heard Ryan tell the
guy he wanted to go 8oo feet up and YES he wanted to get
DUNKED!!!
Once we got up there it was so peaceful and the view of the island
was so pretty I forgot how far up we really were!
... then we started to float down towards the water...
I started to get a little nervous!!
We got SOAKED!!!
It was so fun and would totally do it again!
We loved it!!
Here's the four of us on the boat, after
we went para sailing!
Ryan and I had such a good time with the Wyeths, although
toward the end of our trip we all began to miss
our kids, just a little. It was so nice to get away for a little
and not worry about diaper bags, sippy cups, bottles, and wet wipes!
We appreciate all who helped with Blake and Kenzie... although
we came home to TWO SPOILED kids!!! :)
They both had a great time on their little vacations!!
13 comments:
Love all the pictures!!! And it looks like you guys had tons of fun. I am laughing at your romantic room, what is with you guys always having the twin beds on vacation? Florida, Newport etc. I'm glad you guys had fun on the drive to Hana! The pictures are awesome from the stops along the way. I was too busy worrying about everyone in our car turning green when we did it. I am glad you guys had such a great time!
I think Sean & I need to go back to Hawaii! We haven't been to Maui yet & it looks like fun!!! Glad you had a great trip!
I am so glad you updated - I have been waiting :).
I also got very sick on the snorkeling trip so I feel you there. Not fun!
CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That looked like such a fun trip!! Way cute pics. Hawaii is totally your place. :) Flip flops, shorts and the beach!! We want to plan a fun trip with you guys!!!
What an amazing trip! I especially love Ryan as "Ariel"! I love Bubba Gump's!!! That is our favorite place in Cancun! I'm so jealous...Rob needs to take me to Hawaii!
AMAZING PICTURES! I am so jealous of your trip! Thanks for finally blogging about it :)
Looks like you had so much fun! going on trips with just the two of you and no kids is so nice. You do start to miss the little ones though!
Molokini and Turtle Town is my favorite! I loved it. I guess it was better for us cause the water was calm and clear. Sorry you got sick. The road to hana is what did me in with the winding roads.
Love it. Tim and I went last Oct. and Can't wait to go again. That was our 3rd time. You went to a lot of the same places we did. I never go to the Molikini...I have the same experience you did.lol! We do the road to Hana in a jeep so we don't get sick! We love it! I love the romantic pics of you two...how sweet!
I saw your link on Lindsay's blog and thought I'd see what you've been up to since I don't see you at Precision any more. Looks like you've been having a great time...Maui, sounds so fun. Cute blog, cute family!
Oh my gosh, I am so jelous!!! I told my husband the other day if he REALLY loves me, he'll take me there! (I doubt it'll work, but it's worth a shot!) Almost every picture is breathtaking!
No good shopping was done at Scottsdale Mall because kids were with me, but today I went kid-free to Old Navy and all of their jeans are on sale: $12 for adults and $7 for kids. BARGAINS! :)
How awesome is that vacation, I must say I have a little jealousy! Good for you guys for taking a trip without the kids, I am sure it was so much fun.
Post a Comment