Sunday, July 20, 2008

6th Anniversary!

Six years ago today Ryan and I were married and sealed
in the San Diego Tempe.
I can't believe it has already been six years,
that has gone by so fast...
(at least  for me anyways!)

July 20, 2002!
We took our pictures first thing in the morning before we 
had gotten married!
... we also then drove down to La Jolla Beach 
to get some pictures taken!
Some of the pictures we had taken we of us laying on the beach
or on sandy rocks and my dress got a "little" sandy!
After our pictures we stopped by 
In and out Burger to eat before our sealing
(and to clean my dress off in the bathroom!)
We were getting all sorts of looks, by people probably 
wondering why we were so dressed up for a hamburger!
Oh well, it all worked out and we got my dressed 
cleaned off and made it JUST in time 
to the temple!

(also, quick little story I want to post so I never forget it...)
Ryan and I drove to San Diego the day before to get our 
marriage license so I had my dress and suitcase 
in our car. Our families stayed at different 
hotels (like 45 min apart?!) and the morning
of the wedding I realized I had forgotten
my veil in the car! I called Ryan and told him to just bring 
it to the temple! My parents and I had to go to the airport to pick up
our photographer, so we were a little late!
Once we got to the temple we were on the off ramp of the freeway
and could see Ryan in his tux standing there with my veil!
He said that as he was waiting for us people were walking by saying things like
"how sad, the bride didn't show!"
Poor Ryan, six years later and he his still always there
to help me out and get what I have forgotten!
I love him more and more everyday and look forward to spending 
all eternity with him!

9 comments:

{jennifer} said...

Wow 6 years does seem to fly, your wedding was awesome and I love how pretty your pictures turned out in California (why do we live here again?). Have tons of fun in Hawaii and it will be so nice remembering what it was like to just be a couple, read: no sweet children in tow! Have fun for the next week lady of leisure!

Amy said...

I can't believe it has been 6 years! I too love the California wedding pictures. What a great place to get married!

Britany said...

I forgot we had discovered that we both got married in the San Diego temple only 4 months apart. I love the pictures!!!

Lindsey and Brett said...

6 years already!? Wow. That's amazing. Congratulations! And I hear that there is a big Hawaii trip in store for you guys... or maybe it's even happening right now. At any rate, congrats!

Swirls of Happy said...

What perfect pictures!!!!! You look so pretty and happy, love it :) Happy Anniversary! This was such a fun story to read, that is hillarious about Ryan and the veil.

The Greer Family said...

Those were such fun memories that you put on our blog!
Here are some memories for you:

1.In Prescott we went to see Armageddon and we were the only ones in the theater, right?

2.Swimming in Ruth and Berle's pool.

3.Going to the mall with Ms. Bandura.

4.Playing parks and rec softball together.

5.Don't even get me started with our first year of camp....singing trees, falling down the hill....do you remember that?

6.Talking about boys and finding fun coincidences between our names and the names of the boys that we liked in 7th grade. Do you know what I'm talking about?

7.French fries and fat boys at your grandma and grandpa's house.

We need to get together and do this in person, the list could go on and on.

Jen and Bryan said...

how cute... what a love story. :) Just remember that when he would rather hang out with my husband than you. :)

The Johnson Family said...

Holy cow!! 6 years, you guys are an old married couple!! It seems like only six years ago we were out causing a rucus around Gilbert, I guess not!! he! he! Thats so awesome!! Your kids are way too cute!

Elisha said...

Those are such gorgeous pictures!!! I have always LOVED the San Diego temple and thought it would be so neat to get married there! I'm glad you found us and I love reading what you guys have been up to! Happy Anniversary!