This year for the 4th of July, we really didn't have anything
planned. My sister Carley, invited my whole family over (except Jared and his
family, they were in Tucson) for a bar-bque and swim party!
McKenzie and my brother Jacob getting ready to go swim!
Kenzie can't get enough of Jacob!!!
(My mom is going to kill me for this picture!)
I had to take it to one day show my kids that Granna DOES swim! :)
(her hat is to protect her hair color from the sun!)
Blake enjoying Kenzie's swim toy more than her!
Than the party got started!!
Jacob and Justin doing their "tricks" for the camera!
"Shamu" (Ryan) doing his "tricks" for the camera!
Another "trick"
Jacob and Neil doing back flips off the rocks!
(notice how close Jacob -on the left- is to the rocks!)
That didn't stop them though! :)
(My dad under the waterfall.)
For some reason he managed to miss out on all the pictures!
He was mostly in the shallow end with all the grandkids!
And then of course...
the family pictures got started!!
(We tried doing action shots jumping off the rocks
but most of them didn't turn out! ) :(
The Smiths!!
The Alexanders!
(Not our best look, I KNOW!)
The Ellsworths!
(Neil in a viking hat?!?)
The Danielsons!
Getting creative with their picture!
(Alyvia missed the picture, she was sleeping!)
(my mom didn't want to get on the rocks because she didn't want to get her hair wet!
She knew she'd get thrown in if she got up there!)
So not pictured: Dad, mom and Jacob.
So then the hand stand contest started!!!
Here is Jacob "posing" for the camera!
Justin! (didn't last too long!)
Ryan (a little longer than Justin!)
Neil - not bad!
Carley
Rush
Me
McKenzie and Granna!
(Jacob making fun of my moms hat!)
Now McKenzie in THE HAT!
... and Blake!
(Last week Ryan went up to Vernal Utah to go fishing with his dad and
brothers! While fishing for 5 hours a day for 3 1/2 days Ryan got REALLY sunburned!! )
After we went swimming Ryan took off his shirt (he had to swim in a shirt to cover is burn- he doesn't normally swim fully clothed! :) Rush went and got some aloe vera out of his room.
I had my hands full so Rush starting to rub it on his back (Ryan thought it was me!)
My sister grabbed my camera and took a picture of Ryan ENJOYING his "cabana boy"
applying aloe vera to his back!
Kenzie is not sure what to think!
That night of course we went and watched fireworks!
We got there a "little" early (3 hours!!)
But we got a really good parking spot!
We kept our car parked and were going to walk to
Fudruckers. Once we got to where Fudruckers was suppose to be we
realized it closed down! so the closest place to eat was the Target food court!
So we got personal pan pizzas and slurpes! YUM!
Sitting in the back of our car waiting for the fireworks to start!
Blake and McKenzie watching the fireworks!
They both LOVED them!
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY 2008!
(don't mind Ryan's foot in the picture!!) :)
14 comments:
What a fun 4th!!! Nothin like swimming, family, and fireworks :) Love all the pics, your kids are too cute...what a beautiful family you have!
Looks like lots of fun! What Fudruckers is closed now? Sean will be so sad!
How fun! I love all the pic's!! It was a hot day. Even in the pool! It was nice it cooled down at night!
Ryan never lets me rub lotion on his back!
I can't believe you can do a handstand! It must be all the weights we have been lifting at the gym!
Nice pool, Carley! Very impressive hand stand! I will have to show Alyssa.
nice handstand!
courtney!!! it's ashley {payne} mascorro. hello! you have 2 cute kids?! i just found you on kari's page. it looks like sarah has a baby too?! your family is so cute- i was dying how big all your siblings are! i love blogs!
mascorros.blogspot.com
Looks like fun! I love the cabana boy picture with Ryan...too funny! Happy Fourth!
I would like to compliment you on your POINTED toes while doing your hand-stand on the diving board!!! Very nice court! :) Are you working up your base tan for Hawaii yet? I'm so jealous of you guys!!!!! Can I squeeze into your suit case and come? j/k
looks like you had a blast!!! We played games at home because everyone was sleeping. Boring... You are already tan. That's good. You'll need it in a few weeks. :)
Courtney! Way to represent with that handstand! I'm impressed. Tell Jacob that the hat is a good look for him. :) I know all about his pink jogging suit that he used to wear to school, so maybe this hat isn't such a stretch...
Looks like fun! I can't wait for you to go away next week. Have fun if I don't see you before then!!!
Looks like fun. I hope it was obvious that Brian posted that earlier comment, and not me(Sara). I guess it's pretty weird either way.
Post a Comment