Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Back To School!

It's that time of year again!! BACK TO SCHOOL! Monday night was meet the teacher and the kids were so excited/nervous to find out who their teachers were. I was a little sad when I heard that Blake's teacher from last year moved up a few grades and that Kenzie wouldn't be able to be in her class. :( After meeting her new teacher Miss. Bruce I think everything will be ok! 
She seems so sweet and Kenzie was so excited to see that her friend from primary Colton Ray was sitting next to her!! 
 I was excited to see that Blake got into Mrs. Davis' class!! I've heard great things about her and she seems super outgoing and sweet! Blake was excited to see that one of his best buddies Trevor was in his class!

 First Day of Kindergarten!! 
Kenzie has been SO excited {understatement} to start kindergarten! She has been talking for months about packing a lunch, having THREE recesses, and riding a bus with NO seat belts!! She could't wait!
Today I took the kids to school just to make sure they knew where they were suppose to go, so of course she was sad that she didn't get to ride the bus to school. 
 First Day of 1st Grade!
This kids was READY! He was ready to FINALLY get to play on the "big kid playground!!" He was super sweet with Kenzie making sure she knew what to bring and where to go! I'm sure glad that he is such a protective big brother! He even made sure that on the way home she got on the right bus and had someone to sit by! (thanks buddy!)
 Some of our neighborhood friends!
Presley, Kenzie, Blake, Jacks, Nate, Ben, and Sammy!!
 Blake and two of his good buddies, Nate and Trevor! :)
 On the kindergarten playground they don't allow parents to go in with the kids. :(
So here is Kenzie lined up with her class going inside! She was SO excited!
(that makes it a lot easier on me! ;)
 While they were gone Peyton and I were able to meet friends for lunch, grocery shop and clean the house with just the two of us. I think its safe to say that we both missed the kids. She missed them making her laugh and playing with her all day and I missed my little helpers! 
Once they got off the bus Peyton was SO excited to see them! 
Blake's favorite thing about his first day: PE, playing on the big playground, and getting to take the snack bucket home first! 
McKenzie's favorite thing about her first day: Eating lunch in the cafeteria, PE, recess, and riding the bus with NO seat belts! ;)
Both kids are excited to back to school tomorrow! 
I'm glad they both had fun day's and have such good teachers and friends in their classes! That makes it SO much easier! :)

3 comments:

Kyle said...

Kenzie was born ready for school!! :)

sylvia burr said...

What a darling blog. To be able to see what they did and what their favorite things were was the best. These kids have a great Mom and Dad!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

I LOVE Mrs Davis... i swear if I had the money i would just pay her to homeschool Mason..till he graduates :) And if Mason knew that could really happen he would be out getting a job to make it happen!! i LOVED Mrs Davis. Seriously Im not sure we can ever top her. Im sad Kendall isnt with her this year...

Have a fun year!! your kids looked so cute ;)