Wednesday, July 28, 2010

NEWPORT~

We spent a week in Newport with Ryan's parents this
past week and had such a FUN time!
The first night we were there Jeanne had planned
a Luau for the kids! It involved yummy food, crafts,
candy leis and a treasure hunt!
The kids LOVED when it got dark outside because that
meant the SLUGS were out to "play!?"
Cute girls in their luau accessories!
The kids found the TREASURE!!
BEACH~
The next day was BEACH DAY! We took the
shuttle down to Crystal Cove. It was an overcast
day so no one really got in the water but the
kids loved playing in the sand and finding some
AMAZING shells!! (thanks to Grandma Jeanne!)
Blake loved running from the waves!

Grandpa Bob helping Kenzie build a sand castle!
Ryan helping the kids!
Decorating his castle with all the shells he "found!"
Kenzie then was brave enough to chase the waves!
I LOVE how excited they get when the water gets them!
We then went to wash the sand off at the hotel pool!
Here is Kenzie doing her FAVORITE thing...
she loves when Ryan swims with her and
throws her up in the air! She can't get
enough of it!!
Our nightly routine was s'mores up by the
fire pit!

Ryan soon became the professional mallow roaster!
... after he burnt a few! He told Blake he'd give
him the .48 cents he had in
his pocket, if he'd eat this burnt mallow...
Blake had it down with in seconds of the bet!
After we all made Ryan feel bad about only giving
him .48 cents he up'd it to a dollar!
The kids roasting their mallows... I just eat the chocolate!
I'm not sure what is going on with this picture...
but after trying four times to get a picture this was the best!
OC FAIR!
We decided to go the Orange County fair one of the
days we were there! The kids had so much fun riding
unlimited rides as fast as they could!!
The Jumbo slide!
Kenzie was too short so Blake and Alexis
went down it... a few times!
My FAVORITE ride... the YoYo!!
Here I am giggling the whole time I was on it...
poor Blake and Alexis got a little nervous
the higher we got. I LOVE this ride! :)
Kenzie, Alexis, Blake and Landon with their
hands up in the air!!
Once again hands in the air... they got the hang of it after we
rode the YoYo!! ;)
Waiting for the ride to start!
Newport Beach!
Friday we decided to spend the day at Newport beach!
Once again Blake found some amazing shells
(they looked a lot like the ones from the first beach!;)
So here they are decorating their castle!
Ryan decided to use some shells for
his creation... it started out as a dragon, then
turned into a mermaid, and ended up being a
shark. Too bad I only got a picture of the
mermaid.
Kenzie worked hard on her own sand castle.
Blake and Grandma getting more water for their castle.
Our last night there (excuse our jammies ;)
I LOVED the view we had from our patio, the pool,
the fire pit... everywhere we were we had a beautiful
view of the ocean!
I LOVE California but especially Newport...
I can't wait to go back!
Thanks Bob and Jeanne for letting us come and
join you for the week! :)

2 comments:

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Looks like a really fun trip!!!

Sylvia Burr said...

The pictures make me miss California. Looks like you had a great time