Monday, June 16, 2008

Our Fathers Day Weekend!

We had a fun and busy Fathers Day weekend!
Friday, I met some friends in my ward at Tempe Beach Park!
It took Blake a little bit to figure out if he liked it or not. Once he saw all the
kids having fun, he decided to go play.
McKenzie on the other hand, 
She'd SCREAM and cry every time I tried 
to cool her down with water!!
So we sat in the shade and just watched Blake play!

Here's Blake playing with his friend Nathan!
They have so much fun together, and become pretty wild and crazy
when they get together!!
Friday we went to the Diamond Backs game!
It was the LONGEST 10 innings of my life!
Finally, in the 10th inning one of the d-backs players hit a 
home run and that ended the game!!
I've never cheered so hard at a baseball game before!!
We ended up moving our seats back a few rows, 
I don't think all the FANS enjoyed having two tired kids
crying and throwing peanuts all over the place around them!
These peanuts were the best $4.00 I've ever spent!
It kept the kids pretty busy! 

About the sixth inning the kids were DONE!!! 
We decided to walk over to the Sandlot, which was such a life saver!! 
The kids loved it. There was even a little area for Kenzie's 
age group! So we spent most of the game up there!
After the game they had a firework show!
The kids were so excited when they started to turn all
the stadium lights off and the music started!
It was actually a neat firework show!
Here's Ryan and the kids watching the fireworks!
(Blake is giving me the look of " you're ruining the firework show?")
Saturday we had a fun and busy day (sorry no camera)
Ryan's really good friend Bryan Wyeth graduated 
dental school on saturday and it was his kids birthday party!!
So they had a family swim birthday party, and then that night just the adults 
were invited to a get together to congratulate Bryan!
It was fun to just sit around and eat and talk and NOT have to worry 
about kids!! :)

Sunday, of course was fathers day!
This year Ryan and I had an agreement that mothers day
and fathers day gifts were going to be spent on excursion in Hawaii,
so no gifts.
Well, sunday night we were over at my parents house for 
dessert and we were in their basement watching the game
(Lakers vs. Celtics) and all the sudden McKenzie
decided to start WALKING!! 
We were all so excited!!
We have been waiting FOREVER for her to start walking!

Here's McKenzie taking some of her first steps!!
She's looking a little nervous!!
So fathers day turned out to be pretty exciting...
even without all the presents!!
(not to mention the Lakers won!)~ that's who Ryan wants to win! :)

7 comments:

Ashley said...

What a fun night. You guys look like your having tons of fun.

Kyle said...

The Dbacks game looks fun! We had fun at the Splash park on Friday...do you think if we got together more often Nate and Blake wouldn't be so WILD around eachother??
Congrats to Kenzie....she's walking!!

Amy said...

Yay for Kenzie! Now the trouble starts! Fun weekend...I can't believe your kids lasted through the whole D-Backs game.

{jennifer} said...

How did I miss Kenzie walking yesterday:( I think there was too much chaos. How exciting and I for one would rather have a walking baby than a crawling one! So much cleaner and they are trouble anyway (at least my 2 yay-hoos are) so hooray for her!!! Oh, and very impressive that you guys did all 10 innings! I was totally done after being there an hour but that SandLot place looks really fun for kids! Maybe I will have Sean take Alexis to a game sometime since he can haul her up there.

Britany said...

You didn't tell me she is walking now... Wahoo! Now her and Kenyon can chase each other around!! :)

Stock Family said...

How fun! Daisy has that pink shirt too! We went to the Splash Park yesterday for the first time and the kids loved it! Even Daisy who seems to hate water. Its going to be fun having Kenzie walking because now you can have her in super cute dresses!

mimilee said...

court you look so freakin good in that picture!!