Wednesday, May 2, 2012

10 year Cruise!

Ryan and I were wanting to plan a vacation for
our upcoming 10 year anniversary...
after talking to our friends the Galovich's about it
we decided to go on a 10 year anniversary cruise!
(they also celebrated their 10 yr)
After lots of planning on babysitters and 
weekends that would work we pulled it off! 
We flew Grandma Jeanne in to watch our kids for the
first 4 days and then Jacob and Lexi were kind
enough to stay the night and watch the kids
while we drove home.
The kids were spoiled all weekend and loved 
having all sorts of play dates with their cousins
and grandma! 
Our weekend was full of lots of laughs, 
people watching, food, more laughs, and a lot
more FOOD!! :)
We drove the "cozy corolla" over to 
grandmas house thursday night.
Britany and I (with our kleenex boxes) sat in the
back...
while these two sat in the front talking and 
laughing the whole 5 1/2 hours there! 
After sleeping in at grandmas we got our day started
with pedicures for the girls and Denny's for the guys.
Then made a stop by Panera Bread for the girls and
99 cent store for the guys.
Then it was time to "get our cruise on!"
After hitting up the lunch buffet we toured the
ship. These two tried and tried and tried a few more
times to win $$ and an Ipad at this machine.
While I decided to spend my souvenir money on 
this machine! No, I never won anything but I did
have a guy help me out a little by bumping the machine
to knock more quarters down when I was out of $! ;)
We then went in to watch the game show...
and Jeremy ended up participated in the show!
(Jenny, the girl on the left ended up becoming one
of Jeremy's biggest fans on the boat!! ;)
BINGO night! 
(nope we didn't win that either.)
The next day we spent the afternoon in 
Ensenada!! 
When we got off the boat this lady was there
to greet us.
It didn't take Ryan long to find his souvenir...
the first guy that came up to us sold Ryan a 
hammock.
Meanwhile another guy tried selling a bracelet to
Britany and I that simply stated...
"I'm on a boat B***H!"
We didn't buy it, but it did become the weekend
"quote!" ;)
One store we went into looking for wallets the 
funny guy tried to sell us a leather whip!
He thought Jeremy could use it when he
told the guy he had 4 kids. ;)
We got a demonstration of the grande whip! 
While Britany and Jeremy were busy getting
a deal on a bag we were busy shopping for...
Mexican appereal and...
... a little something for Jeremy. ;)
After Ryan took us through a 
"haunted house/ store"
we decided to get back on the boat 
where it was safe!! 
(and we were hungry... again ;)
Ryan decided to buy himself a 
blowfish?! Yep, he carried that fish 
all over the place for a day in a half!
Here he is back at their machine...
nope, still didn't win anything.
That night was formal night.
After our dinner we went up on the
deck to try and re-inact the 
Titanic pose. ;)
Then it was time for the weigh-in...
we would go up to the gym to 
weigh in at the end of the night to
see how much weight we had
gained that day.
The trainer said that most people
gain up to 3lbs a DAY?!! 


Then we decided to go down and 
karaoke!! Ryan wasn't shy... he
got right up and sang 
"Living on a Prayer."
The guys thought they'd be "funny" 
and sign Britany and I up to 
karaoke without telling us?! 
So we got up and sang
"I want it that way" by Back Street Boys?!? 
So we thought we'd get them back by having them sing
"My Humps" by Fergie... 
they put on quite a show... everyone LOVED
them!!
Especially this lady!! :)
Ryan had his eyes closed at one part and opened 
them up to this lady "getting her groove on"
with him! That was very entertaining! ;)
The next day we were at sea all day so we
had plans to lay out by the pool...
those plans changed real fast when we
discovered how cold it was!! So we got
on warm clothes and decided to play a
"friendly/competitive" game of golf.
It was husbands vs. wives.
At the last hole Ryan beat me by 1point!! 
That evening the Sushi bar opened up so Ryan
decided to try sushi for the first time...
Jeremy warned him that he put too much 
Wasabi sauce on it...
but he ate it anyways...
... we all got a good laugh out of it though. ;)
After dinner we decided to go back to 
karaoke before the comedy show started...
These two had a request for some more
"my humps".
Unfortunately "Big Mama" wasn't there to 
dance with Ryan. :(
Jeremy then decided to go dance and handed the 
microphone to me...
so Ryan and I busted out "My Humps".
Later on that night Ryan got back up 
by himself to sing 
"I don't want to miss a thing"
by Aerosmith. 
Jeremy then tried to get Britany and I back up there...
since I didn't know the song the two of them
got up and busted out
"Sweet Caroline" ;)
This picture is perfect... it has the 2 of them singing 
and our Armenian friends from dinner dancing! ;)
This cruise was so fun for so many reasons that
I don't want to forget....
~ Widows and Widowers at dinner
~ beret' guy salsa dancing
~ Pink tank top Asian lady salsa dancing... and NOT happy about it
~ {Shane} from couples retreat
~ "I'm leaving on a Fun Ship" "don't know when I'll be back again"
~ "Shake it up Buttercup!"
~ "eeeh eeeh" (dolphin) 
~ disco balls

This weekend was SO fun but we were all a
little ready to get off the boat and onto
steady ground! ;)
The kids were so excited to see Ryan and I
and get their Mexican souvenirs!
Then it was back to reality of work and being a mom again! :)

2 comments:

Midori said...

Sounds like fun! I still haven't talked to Brit about the trip. Nice to hear about it. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Sorry we couldn't met up!

sylvia burr said...

The cruise sounded so fun. I would have loved to seen Ryan singing to the lady on stage or was he dancing with the lady?