Every November my family has been going to the
Gilbert Days parade since I can remember.
Its something I look forward to every year.
{I LOVE parades... and Ryan is a good sport to come along!}
The parade usually consists of Gilberts High School
bands, dance groups, church groups, Wild Women of the West,
and my personal FAVORITE... Sun City POMS!!
{AKA the Dancing Grannies!}
*mark my word when I'm a "Granny" I'm joining the POMS!
~
Here's Ryan, Kenzie and Baby June Bug waiting for
the parade to start! This was a BIG day for June...
her 1st GILBERT DAYS!!
(ya, its that big of a deal!;)
Blake posing in front of all the 'biker dudes.'
Ryan and Blake's favorite part...
when these 'Star Wars guys' came by!
Granna and three of the nieces enjoying the parade.
Paisley, Granna, Kenzie and Lyvi.
Some groups throw candy, some pass out
flags, one group passed out these little horses!
Then after Santa ends the parade we head
over to the Burrs for lunch and Snoopy
rides! This was Snoopy's first go around
since coming home for the winter...
(yep she along with the other two horses
are 'snow birds')
Here is Blake riding Snoopy, he was so
excited to hear that Snoopy was back for
the winter!
Papa walking along "Sassy" Snoopy.
After not being rode for 6 mo she
usually comes home kind of sassy! :)
Kenzie on the other hand... well she likes Snoopy from
a distance ONLY!! I MADE her sit on Snoopy for ONE
picture... and this was the picture I got.
Her little cousin Lyvi on the other hand CRIED when it
wasn't her turn?! So I had the idea to have Kenzie
sit with Lyvi...
Then once I wasn't around (potty break) I came out to see
her on Snoopy ALL BY HERSELF!! That is SO Kenzie...
she does things on her own time!!
(I love Blake in the background riding his
Snoopy from the parade?!)
He might have to learn the hard way of NOT
walking behind a horse!
Thanks Granna and Papa for a
Fun-Filled Saturday!!
2 comments:
I am so happy Kenzie finally got on Snoopy. I couldn't believe she finally did it. Papa and I look forward to this each year. Glad we had such great weather and that Ryan was able to come.
I'm already looking forward to next year! ps. I think Blake or Kenzie left their "stick pony" in my car.
Post a Comment