
This evening I decided to teach Blake how to
dial 9-1-1 if there is an emergency... it
didn't go as I planned!!
I first got our cordless phone and taught him
9 and then 1 and then 1, but the most important thing
is to push "talk"
... right?!?
As soon as I heard the dial tone I hung up the phone and
continued explaining to Blake different emergencies and
when to call 911. Ryan then asked, "did you actually dial it?"
Me, " just real quick so he could hear the dial tone."
A minute later the phone rang, Ryan starts laughing as I look
at the caller id. Mesa City Gov.!! WHAT?!?
I answered and continued to tell
the officer on the phone
sorry it must have been my son playing on the phone.
I LIED!!
He wanted to double check he had our right address and
phone number and said to have a good day!
5 minutes later...
a knock at the door...
I open the door to find a police officer???
Ok, Ok, I lied and
I'm sorry!! :)
He wanted to talk to the kid playing on the phone,
at this point Blake is hiding in his room!
So I told the officer that it was me and I was
trying to teach my son how to dial 911 when there is an emergency
His reply "next time teach them on a toy phone!!"
My heart was RACING and it totally brought me back to
my childhood when I dialed 911 and the police came and talked to me!
So I talked to Blake and explained that he wasn't in trouble...
meanwhile I have Ryan laughing and singing "somebody call
9-1-1 Courtney's on the dance floor oh wow oh!"
The moral of the story is
"Use a toy phone when teaching your kids how to dial 911!" :)

11 comments:
Justin and I are laughing so hard right now. Poor Blake. "Somebody call 9-1-1 Courtneys on the dance floor."... HILARIOUS!
HILARIOUS!!!
HAAAAA thanks for making my night! the best is you lying to him!! no wait...the best is having Ryan listen to the whole thing and make fun of you!!! No..
well, really the whole thing is great.
and yes, lets get together for sure next week!
Bah ha ha ha HA!!! So funny!!! Oh Courtney, I'm so glad you shared this story with everyone.
I can't believe you just did that. You and Jenny did that about 22 years ago. I thought you learned. Ryan and Blake, will never let you live that down. I wish I could have been there! You got to tell Jake!
I still think it is funny that there was a cop car outside of your house:) And I think it is even more hilarious that you lied to 911 and then Blake hid when the cop came. Too funny.
HILARIOUS! Did Blake get his letter from Ms Kami?
ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaa! Courtney that is classic!
LOL! I am laughing SO hard right now! Too funny!
That is so funny! On the bright side...at least the police showed up quickly:) I want to hear Ryan sing "oh wow oh!"
That is a great story! So funny!
Post a Comment